Huntington, West Virginia
Email: Email Me
John Patrick L. Stephens is a 1997 graduate of Huntington High School, 2002 graduate of Marshall University and 2006 graduate of WVU Law School.
One of three children, Stephens is the son of John Stephens, who has operated an Allstate Insurance agency in downtown Huntington for more than 30 years.
Stephens graduated with a degree in finance from Marshall University, completed an M.B.A. from WVU in 2005 and graduated from the WVU law school in 2006. Stephens served as associate editor and as executive publications editor to the West Virginia Law Review during law school.
Since joining Underwood Law Offices, Inc. in December 2008, Stephens’ practice has emphasized personal injury, workers compensation, ERISA (Employee Income Security Act of 1974) and banking law.
Prior attorney experience includes the Bailey & Wyant law firm in Charleston, W.V. Stephens also interned for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia under District Judge Chuck Chambers. He also has extensive experience as a law clerk while in law school, having been previously employed by the Robinson & Rice law firm of Huntington, the office of Disciplinary Counsel in Charleston and attorney Robert Losey of Huntington
- West Virginia, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 2007
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. – 2006
- Honors: Clerkship, Honorable Chuck Chambers, January to May 2006
- Law Review: West Virginia Law Review, Executive Publications Editor, 2004 – 2005
- Law Review: West Virginia Law Review, Associate Editor, 2003 – 2004
- West Virginia University College of Business and Economic
- Masters in Business Administration – December, 2005
- Marshall University
- B.B.A. – May, 2002
- Honors: Outstanding Finance Award (Highest Graduate in Finance)
- Honors: Beta Gamma Sigma
- Major: Finance
Past Employment Positions
- Bailey & Wyant, Attorney
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia under District Judge Chuck Chambers, Intern
- Robinson & Rice, Law Clerk